If you’re new to real estate, you may be wondering where to start! The wide world of real estate can be intimidating especially when you’re first starting out. It’s easy to feel overwhelmed and lost when it comes to your new real estate business.
One of the first steps when starting any new business is to create your business plan and marketing strategy. In real estate, this is more important than ever when it comes to your financial success.
Marketing Yourself and Business
The key to being a successful real estate agent is a proven marketing strategy. Determining a marketing strategy can seem like a daunting task but there are many resources available to help you! We also offer post-licensing help and would love to talk to you.
In the meantime, let’s go over a few tips and tricks when it comes to marketing your real estate business.
1. Find a Sponsoring Broker – In order to become a licensed real estate agent, you must find a broker to activate your license. Eventually you will have the option to become a broker yourself, but in the meantime it’s important to choose the right broker who will support you and your business.
2. Create a Detailed Business Plan – Your business plan will be the guide for your business so it needs to be specific and measurable. You’re the only employee you have so you need a business plan to keep you on track to meet your goals.
3. Set Up Social Media Accounts – Setting up professional social media accounts, even a website and email address, will give your new business instant credibility.
4. Order Marketing Materials – Along with digital marketing materials, physical materials like business cards, flyers, and signs are also necessary in the real estate world.
5. Network, Network, Network – Networking is vital in the real estate industry. Connecting with others in your community and meeting other real estate professionals will open many doors for you. Make sure to attend as many networking events in your area as you can. The more people you meet and befriend, the better for you and your real estate business.
6. Partner with Local Businesses – Supporting and partnering with your local businesses can help you form new relationships, meet new clients, and discover exciting real estate opportunities.
7. Find a Niche – One way to set yourself apart from other real estate agents is to decide on a niche in the market. Whether it’s selling townhouses or multi-million dollar homes, highlighting your expertise to fitting buyers will help you stand out and increase your business’ focus.
8. Seek Out a Mentor – Lastly, finding a trusted mentor who has experience in the field and is willing to spend their time with you makes all the difference. Gaining knowledge and advice from your mentor can help you avoid potential mistakes and grow your business faster.
Don’t Underestimate the Power of Open Houses
Holding open houses, especially when you’re a newbie to the real estate industry, can be scary but once you get the hang of them, they can become a powerful sales weapon. Open houses create the opportunity to meet prospective clients and get your client’s home sold faster! An open house drives competition which means more money for both you and your client. Win win!
Need more advice as an up and coming real estate agent?
We are here to help! Maybe one of our online courses would take your business to the next level. Please give us a call at (574) 551-0316 or visit the contact page to speak to one of our real estate professionals and learn more about our programs!