Whether you’re new to the real estate world or simply want to add another stream of income, there are many ways to earn extra cash as a real estate agent. As a real estate agent, you can work as little or as much as you want. This gives real estate agents the unique opportunity to work multiple jobs if needed or desired.
Side Jobs in the Real Estate Field
If you’re wanting to stay within the real estate industry to gain knowledge and experience, here are a few job ideas for you:
- Remote Online Notary (RON) – Becoming an online notary is an easy way to make money from home. During the pandemic, RON became more prevalent than ever. Many states now allow RON and users appreciate the convenience of an online notary system.
- Property Manager – A common way to earn money on the side as a real estate agent is to act as a property manager. As a property manager you would be responsible for finding quality tenants, managing maintenance requests, and making sure rent is paid.
- Create Online Courses – Creating and selling online real estate courses is a great way to share your experience with others while making money.
- Credit Repair Services – Offering credit repair services to your clients provides an interesting opportunity to earn extra income while helping your clients’ credit. There are a few ways to offer these services, either from you directly or partnering with an agency.
- Estate Sales – Getting into the estate sale business can prove financially beneficial for you. You can offer this service to existing or new clients who need to downsize or sell a deceased family member’s home and belongings. Estate sales take time to organize and operate so hiring a team to help may be best.
- Stage Houses – If you have a design eye or know someone who does, you can offer this add-on service to your clients when selling their home. Staging a home has been proven to make your home more attractive to buyers, most of the time resulting in a higher selling price. This means more money for you and your clients – win, win!
- Referral Agent – To earn referral fees from other agents, you’ll need to market yourself in your area and build your reputation. Once you start becoming more prevalent in your area and have a lot of leads coming in, you’ll be able to refer them to other agents and earn a referral fee.
- Flipping Houses – In recent years, more and more agents are flipping houses on the side. They know the real estate business and what buyers are looking for, which makes them flipping experts. If you have the initial money to invest or have a financial backer, flipping houses is a great way to earn money on the side.
Jobs Related to Real Estate
Along with jobs in the real estate field, there are a wide variety of jobs that easily coincide with real estate.
- Affiliate Links and Sponsored Content – If you post often to your blog, you should be on the right track to use affiliate links and sponsored content. Posting content to your website increases your SEO and Google ranking which makes you desirable to third party companies looking to advertise. An easy way to make money here and there is linking to their product(s) to earn a small commission when a user clicks the link.
- Equipment Rental – Another side job related to real estate is offering equipment rental to new home buyers. New homeowners don’t typically have the equipment or tools they need for house projects and renting them from a big box store can be expensive. Allowing clients to rent your equipment is cost effective for them and profitable for you.
- Landscape Design
Other Interesting Side Jobs
If you’re open to side jobs that don’t relate to real estate and provide extra income, there are still many fitting jobs for your flexible schedule. Jobs like driving for DoorDash or renting out your space through AirBnB are great jobs for a real estate agent’s schedule. Being a virtual assistant for an experienced real estate agent is also a perfect fit for a newbie as you can learn from them while earning money.
Looking for a side job?
We’d love to help you as you’re starting out in the field. We have even more ideas if you’re having trouble finding an additional source of income. Give us a call at (574) 551-0316 or visit the contact page to speak to one of our professionals about starting out in the real estate industry.